Technical Documentation to be submitted for Assessment Modules B, F, G and PCA
The technical documentation shall, as far as it is relevant for the assessment, contain the following:
- A general description of the type;
- Conceptual design and manufacturing drawings and schemes of components, sub-assemblies, circuits, and other relevant data;
- Descriptions and explanations necessary for the understanding of said drawings and schemes and the operation of the product;
- A list of the standards referred to in Article 14, applied in full or in part, and descriptions of the solutions adopted to fulfil the essential requirements when the harmonized standards have not been applied;
- Results of design calculations made, examinations carried out and other relevant data;
- Test reports, or calculations namely on stability and buoyancy;
- Exhaust emissions test reports;
- Sound emissions test reports.
- In general the Technical Documentation below is applicable according to the Recreational Craft Directive, however an individual Notified Body may ask for further clarification.
- Alternative media, such as photos, are acceptable in place of drawings.
- Checklists only filled in on behalf of or by the Manufacturer, without additional diagrams, specifications, drawings or other information as required are not acceptable.
- Checklist gives a references to the applicable harmonized standards. Manufacturer shall make sure that the latest versions of standards are used.
- The Directive permits to use different solutions for fulfillment of requirements. In such cases manufacturer shall describe those solutions.
- For the construction of recreational craft, other guidance documents may be used, such as requirements for the classification and construction of small boats. The use of other requirements does not exempt the manufacturer from the declaration of conformity to the requirements of the Directive 2013/53/EC and references to the relevant harmonized standards.
- When using other national standards, they must comply with the standards of the international standardization organization ISO.